3/5/09

If Paul’s Epistle to the Galatians was Published in Christianity Today

Everyone needs to head on over to The Sacred Sandwich and see what would happen if Paul’s letter to the Galatians was written and published today. The post is setup as a series of letters to the editor that would likely be penned if Christianity Today was to publish Galatians as a feature article for today. This spoof is hilarious, insightful, and convicting. Here is one of my favorites:


Dear Christianity Today:


In response to Paul D. Apostle’s article about the Galatian church in your January issue, I have to say how appalled I am by the unchristian tone of this hit piece. Why the negativity? Has he been to the Galatian church recently? I happen to know some of the people at that church, and they are the most loving, caring people I’ve ever met.


Phyllis Snodgrass;
Ann Arbor, MI



I have heard almost these exact comments so many times over the past several years. This post is such a great excercise in cultural assesment. Go read the entire post.

0 comments:

Books I Want

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.